Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Argan Oil - Excellent for Hands & Nails

Maybe you've heard of Argan oil as the latest and greatest skin serum, praised for its ability to fight wrinkles, stretch marks, blotchiness, acne and restore a youthful glow to the face.  But, did you know that it's a fabulous salve for dry, cracked hands and can help restore health to weak, or damaged nails?

I've used Argan oil on my skin before and I like the results I get when I use it at as a night serum.  I have combination skin, so I prefer a once-a-day application just before bed.

I never thought of using it on my nails, but then winter arrived and I got desperate.  My nails have been so dry, especially my cuticles so I tried a little Argan oil on my nails with my evening night serum routine and noticed a big difference.  And then I remembered my poor little toenails…

Support for Hurt & Damaged Nails:
Last summer, as I was preparing to get married and running around town like a crazy lady trying to get all of the last minute details wrapped up, I tripped running UP the steps to post office while wearing flip flops.  Who does this?!! Really, I tripped while going UP the stone steps and ripped both of my big toenails and scraped them across the stone.  Not so good for a bride-to-be.  So, I wrapped them up in band-aids until my pre-wedding pedicure and asked the girls at the salon for HELP!  They glued the nails back together and my toes "looked" beautiful for the wedding and honeymoon, but ever since, they've just not been right.  The torn sections are slowly growing out and the scraped surface is too, but I'm impatient so...I turned to Argan oil.

And, I'm happy to report I've noticed a big difference. Then I wondered why? So I did a little research to see if other people were using Argan oil to restore and repair their nails.

Why it Works?
It turns out that this oil has exceptionally high contents of Vitamin E and essential fatty acids, which make it able to nourish and heal the body effectively. The combo of healing Vitamin E and the essential fatty acids, like omega-3, 6, & 9 make it more effective than other oils like Olive Oil or Jojoba - which are also a bit more greasy and leave a slick residue. And since it's not a manufactured treatment, it won't dry or damage your nails while it's repairing and healing.

Here are few recipes I found that you might want to try, but I've had good results just rubbing a few drops into hands, feet & nails at night before bedtime.


Argan Oil Recipes for the Nails
Hand or Foot Soak: Use about ½ a cup of warm cider vinegar and a few drops of Argan oil (5-6 drops would be enough, but you can adjust to your liking). You may also want to add a few drops of other preferred oils for fragrance such as thyme, peppermint, or sandalwood. Combine all ingredients in a basin with warm water. Water should be wrist or ankle deep only. Do not overflow. Soak your hands or feet for 15-20 minutes.

Foot Powder:
Use about 2 tablespoons of corn starch or unscented talc. Place it in a plastic bag and add a few drops of Argan oil (10-15 drops will do). Seal close and shake. Let the mixture sit and rest for 24 hours. Shake again before using.

Nail Lotion:
Take about 4 teaspoons of cider vinegar and place it in a dark glass bottle. Mix in your Argan oil (10-15 drops) and shake. Use this mixture and apply to affected nails 2-3 times daily. Use swab or cotton and make sure to shake before use.

Nail Fungal Infection Remedy:
People with fungal infections can apply 1-2 drops of Argan oil directly to the infected nails. This should be done at least 2-3 times per day to get the best results.

Argan oil and nails work well together as Argan oil nourishes any nail type easily. With its nutrients and fatty acids, Argan oil can bring any nail discoloration, any fungal infected nail, and any badly nourished nail back to health. With regular application and use, no nail problem is unsolvable for this liquid gold from Morocco.


And remember, beautiful hands and feet are healthy hands and feet!  Get started now and you'll have the loveliest toes on the beach this summer! And it definitely couldn't hurt to dream of warm sandy beaches each time you take a moment to care for your nails.

For high quality Argan oil, that 100% pure & organic visit:
http://www.oliebiologique.com/products.html

3 comments:

  1. Hands and nails are two useful part of our beauty.If we want look gorgeous,we have to clean,smooth our hands and nails. Argan oil which has enriched vitamin value and no chemical.For know more,visit us at
    Buy Argan Oil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingernail fungus, or 'onychomycosis', is not an unheard of infection. Greater than 30 million people on the planet deal with it. The inquiry is: can it be taken care of or, even better, protected against? Well, indeed and also yes, but not without limitations. Restrictions? Yes.Moraz
      Skin Care

      Delete
    2. Toe Nail Fungus is a common and contagious foot ailment occurring in the toe nails. The big toe finger and the little toe finger are the most common sites of this type of fungal infection.Nail Bright Nail Fungus Cream Lotion Review

      Delete